We collect personal data to make your experience better
Generally, we only collect personal information about you in the following situations:
•You register as a Site user;
•You send us an e-mail;
•You post a profile;
•You use our e-commerce Services.
We utilize customer relationship management technologies to identify you so that we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also track information about you such as your frequency of use and online behavioural data.
We also collect other personally identifiable information that you provide to us when you sign up with our newsletter, such as your name, address, phone number and/or email address. We may use such information to send you notices, information, promotions and updates, including but not limited to, marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations as may be selected by us.
We remain contactable at any time if you ever feel that your information has been compromised. Also, if and when you are of the view that we are sending you any unwanted information, please request to be removed from our list (e.g. by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our e-newsletters).
We will keep your data until you request to delete it
We remove personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email or phone number) and other preferences associated with your account promptly after you delete your account.
Withdrawing Your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
We will make sure your data stays safe
We take appropriate steps to keep your personal information safe against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be fully guaranteed to protect your information from hackers or unforeseen human error.
High technology is used to ensure your sensitive information is secure and is protected from unauthorised access or improper use. Your personal password is confidential and is encrypted to ensure its secrecy. With your password, you are able to edit your personal details via the Member Services pages.
Particularly sensitive information such as your credit card number is not stored in a server that is connected to the Internet. All transmission of data for the purposes of billing and collections is done via encrypted transmission between Zoukclub.com and the bank.
We require you to be above 18 to join Zoukclub.com
You must be over the age of 18 to join Zoukclub.com. We do not market to children or knowingly collect personal information about children without parental consent.
We recognize that children, including young teens, may not be able to make informed choices about personal information requested online.
Accordingly, we do not target children or teenagers (younger than 18 years of age) for collection of information online. We do not solicit or collect customer identifiable information targeted at children and teenagers under eighteen and does not allow anyone else to do so on a Zoukclub.com Affiliate Web Site.
We will only disclose your data in these situations
1. Other companies to which Zouk is a subsidiary of and/or is related to;
2. Third parties who provide services to us (including but not limited to bankers, lawyers, accountants and other third parties who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, printing and/or other services that enable us to operate our business;
3. Professional advisors;
4. Regulators and governmental agencies;
5. Law enforcement agencies; and
6. The Courts.
We may collect and use your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
1. Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
2. Verifying your identity;
3. Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
4. Managing your relationship with us;
5. Processing payment or credit transactions;
6. Sending you marketing information about our goods or services, and goods or services of Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries (“Genting Hong Kong Group”) including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership programmes and rewards schemes and other promotions;
7. To meet or comply with any obligation, requirement or arrangement for disclosing or using data that applies to us or with which we are expected to comply, both existing currently and in the future and within or outside Singapore in accordance with:
• Any law, regulation or corporate rules that are binding on or applicable to us;
• Any rules, guidelines issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority relating to protection of Personal Data and/or the industries in which we operate (“Authority”);
• Any present or future performance of a contract between us and you;
• Any present or future performance of a contract or between us and a third party which is entered into at your request, or which a reasonable person would consider to be in your interest; or
• Any situation where your consent is not required under the PDPA, including the use or disclosure of Personal Data to respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and/or safety.
8. Any other purpose for which you have provided the information;
9. Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
10. Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
Your data may be transferred to countries outside of the place of collection, as we have places of business in various jurisdictions, countries and regions, including but not limited to Hong Kong, the People’s Republic of China, Malaysia and Singapore.
Where personal data is transferred overseas and where the recipient country may not offer the same level of protection as Singapore law, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
We may retain your personal data for as a long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will keep you updated on any material change to these terms